Thursday, March 3, 2011

EBC Trek Day 7...

We made it to Lobouche today through some mud but more ice and snow. The toughest part was climbing straight up for an hour through rocks. The rest of the trek was not so bad, with pretty clear and sunny weather allowing for beautiful views of Ama Dablam, Kantega, Tomsherku, and Tabouche. Even Govinda (who has done EBC 53 times) remarked how rare the views of the Himalayas were.

Overall, I think both of us were really tired today, but as I write this, we seem to be much better. The only thing keeping us going is that tomorrow is our shot at Everest Base Camp. Yup-the Holy Grail. I cannot wait to reach so that I can head back home! Or in this case, Kathmandu.


Our daily stats:
Start Location: Dingboche
Time Started: 8:30 AM
Altitude: 4410m

Destination: Lobouche
Time Reached: 1:45 PM
Final Altitude: 4928m

Total Distance: 12km

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment